Throwing in the Towel 71 GP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beertracker
Cochise

350 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2016 :  10:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ran out of good health, time & money. The car has major frame and body issues. All it's good for is Cash for Clunkers or a one way trip to the scrapper.

Out of Here.

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2016 :  11:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might be one of the saddest posts I have seen.

Sorry to hear about your health. Perhaps the car can go to someone willing to go the whole 9 yards with it.

How is the drivetrain and engine?

Best of luck to you either way.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Ye Olde Webmaster

848 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2016 :  08:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This happens to many of us and is not exclusive to Pontiac enthusiasts. Perhaps another enthusiast might find your GP a great project to undertake. If it's really in need of TLC and could very well be scrapped, offering it to a good home for $1 may be a great thing to do and inspire another enthusiast to take on the challenge. Right Mike? [Cortcomp] I parted ways with my 77 Corvette for different reasons and Mike's dad took on the challenge. It cost him little to start. It was a loss for me but I have no regrets about giving it away.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2016 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's still sitting there with fresh black paint inside the heated warehouse. A good couple weeks and it would be sparkling new, but self motivation on these types of projects aren't exactly in my dad's wheelhouse. I do recall how excited he was to get started, and one heck of a drive down there and back. His main project killer was body shops having things forever. Taking it in and money and not finishing. I'd imagine it wouldn't take much to get it on the road, maybe i'll hassle him about it.

Beertracker, sorry for the health and project issues. We all know the feeling, i parted with a 4 door 50 chevy i was making into a police car. It's been 4 or 5 years, and i got a call the other day from someone who has it needing some paperwork squared up. I'm happy someone is still going to town on it!
Go to Top of Page

skullbucket
Tribal Scout

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2017 :  2:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me a 'couple good weeks" to be done would be a car only needing the windshield, exhaust, engine running and maybe the trim around the windows installed. Its hard to redo a car when you can buy one done for less than what you have in yours and no time invested verses sitting in the garage staring at a pile of parts.

1972 Pontiac Grand Prix
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: