New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tomy2tone
Tribal Scout

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2016 :  8:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is the best control module to use in my gm style one piece billet distributor with a 50000 volt coil pack on my 67 400ci. i have been using the accel module and i still have to replace it about every other year. (maybe thats kinda normal? ) any feed back would be awesome.

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2016 :  10:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey fellow Cheese Head. Why do you need to replace it every two years? Does it quit on you?

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2016 :  10:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bad ground maybe?
Go to Top of Page

Tomy2tone
Tribal Scout

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2016 :  11:18:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah it just shuts down without any warning, I do have a ground strap on it, and it goes to the fire wall. could be a poor gound there.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5335 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2016 :  12:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd check the voltage and make sure a strong 14 with the engine running (12 would be fine but i think you should be seeing "system" voltage with everything running.). Then i'd maybe move that ground strap from the dist to the firewall, to the dist to the dist mounting bolt, so you're grounding to the block. Then i'd switch to some delco GM module and see how long it lasts. If it goes longer than your other, maybe throw the accel back on and see if that did it. If the accel dies, maybe the accel is just not quality?
Go to Top of Page

Tomy2tone
Tribal Scout

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2016 :  2:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a great plan cortcomp, that will my plan of attack. thanks for the input...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: