Film Villain Alan Rickman Dies of Cancer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Boyle
Horse Feathers (Charter Member)

USA
4793 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2016 :  09:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Boyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This morning my eldest son contacted me to tell me that screen and theater villain ADAM RICKMAN died today at age 69 of cancer.

Adam Rickman was a Brit that excelled at playing bad guy Hans Gruber in DIE HARD, the baddie Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and for me his best and nastiest role, as Marston the Australian bad guy who tried to hire sharpshooter Quigley to eradicate native Australians. The gunfight between Rickman and Tom Selleck is classic!

Rickman also enjoyed get fame from his roles in the Harry Potter movies (which I never saw) and was amusing as the Spock type character in Galaxy Quest.

He was a fine actor in my book and provided enjoyable villainy to many plots. From my perspective, this guy is second only to Darth Vader the most infamous but likable baddie of them all.

RIP Alan Rickman. Your presence and talent will be greatly missed.

"Dedicated to keeping the classic Pontiac engine alive."

----
400 bored +.030, forged TRW pistons, ported 62 heads, Hedman headers, 2.5 SS dual exhaust X Pypes, Comp 276AH10 cam, Scorpion 1.65 RR, 850 Q-jet, stock intake & tuned HEI; original owner.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: