New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  12:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just installed and it only took 20 mins, sounds great and works exactly as advertised. Finally a solution for those of us who don't have an aux jack to play our tunes on our smartphones, iPods etc. I have a nice factory radio that I didn't want to replace with an aftermarket unit, hack the dash and then have something that didn't look factory installed anymore. This is a bargain solution for $99. Two wire hookup and plugs inline between the antenna and the radio. Hidden behind the dash and plenty of wire to give flexibility as to where it's stashed. Simple aux plug pigtail to plug in your device is all that is exposed. Automatically detects use.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.

Edited by - Phil on 27 Dec 2015 12:53:23 PM

67drake
Sitting Duck

Azerbaijan
1501 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  2:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AND Matt,the inventor and seller of the Redi Rad,is a fellow Pontiac guy from here in WI. Nice guy too!

Redi-Rad-
https://rediscoveradio.com/

71' GTO Original 400 M20 3.23 posi
13.95@102.1 MPH on street tires

Edited by - 67drake on 27 Dec 2015 6:40:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Merrik66
Cochise

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  11:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea, gotta check that one out. Was wondering how to arrange such a thing with the same concerns. Perfect.
Go to Top of Page

cortcomp
Coyote

USA
5338 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  09:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit cortcomp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The best part about it is that he makes them for all kinds of configs. I have a 6v one, pos ground, for my packard waiting to go in. I can't wait to hear how things sound through the tube radio!
Go to Top of Page

Phil
The Great White Buffalo

USA
7221 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  3:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: if you're using an iPhone 6 with the EQ feature activated, I've found that certain EQ settings are much clearer and permit more initial phone volume versus other settings which create more static thus forcing less initial phone volume.

Bowties are for Pee-wee Herman. "Chevy": even the name sounds cheap, but not as cheap as your Pontiac will be with an LS transplant.
Go to Top of Page

GtoGuy32
Cochise

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  9:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I met that guy Matt about 8 years ago at the Pontiac Nationals when this was just a concept. He had something working, but hadn't brought it commercial yet.

Im glad to see it out there. Cool idea.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: