New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matth1287
Tribal Scout

1 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2015 :  12:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys,

So I am getting ready to rebuild the suspension on my car. I planned on upgrading the suspension from the stock stuff to more modern stuff, only problem is I can't find anything specifically for a 70' Grand Prix, I see a lot of parts for Le Mans, Chevelle, GTO, Skylark, etc., which I know are A-body cars. I know the Grand Prix was built on a modified A-body frame. So my question is, can I use suspension parts for other A-body cars on my Grand Prix? If anybody knows the answer or could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

chris60s
Tribal Scout

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2016 :  04:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if you're still looking, but Ames and Rock Auto have a lot of stock parts for GPs.
http://www.amesperf.com/

saw a set of polyurethane rear bushings on ebay. Sometimes it says what else they fit (as w/below link) and you can use that on your hunt for other parts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prothane-65-88-Chevelle-Regal-Malibu-El-Camino-Rear-Control-Arm-Bushing-BLACK-/271602523232?fits=Year%3A1970|Model%3AGrand+Prix&hash=item3f3cc59c60:g:ODsAAOSwfcVUD-iH&vxp=mtr

69 and 70 handle MUCH better than the 67 Grand Prix. Some 67 GP parts are hard to find on Ames - like hidden headlight actuator - they have a repro for 68, but not 67 and 68 was rarer (you can take apart and fix the actuator by patching it with urethane or if can find an ~6" x 1" cloth/rubber diagphram it could be renewed). Might be the same for 69 and 70 (I have a 69 sitting on back burner..).

Something else too - maybe convertible top switch - they look the same as something else (Bonneville?), but it's not listed for GP - I called Ames and they didn't know if it fit GP. Seems Grand Prix parts are out there, you just gotta find out how to get them (Ah... 67 GP front drums on Rock Auto... they have the wrong ones listed, but those for a Catalina match - was able to tell by dimensions - triple check specs if you've any doubt at Rock Auto, AZone, Advance, and O'Reilly). Drums at AZ were about $100 - RA had them for about $50 and was only like $5 to ship them. You'd probably be looking for front rotors and rear drums, but the adventure is the same.

Edited by - chris60s on 04 Jun 2016 04:11:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Pontiac Street Performance © 2006-2017 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. This Site Sponsored By: